Glossop specialise in obtaining planning approval for a range of public and private sector clients including residential and commercial development projects, medium and high rise housing, infrastructure, institutional development, subdivision, industrial, signage and telecommunications facilities.
Contemporary planning practice requires a multi-disciplinary approach to the resolution of planning challenges.
We have established relationships with Victoria’s leading lawyers, traffic engineers, urban designers, ecologists, architects and designers. This allows us to develop an integrated approach to solving difficult planning projects.
Glossop regularly provides strategic advice to public sector authorities, including State Government, Local Government and Water Authorities. The firm has an intimate understanding of and commitment to the practice of planning at the local and regional level.
Glossop has extensive experience in strategic planning policy development, implementation and review.
Our knowledge of the Victorian planning system, together with our reputation for integrity has led to our involvement in various planning scheme reviews and performance audits on behalf of Victorian local governments and referral authorities.
Recent projects include:
- Audit of the Brimbank Statutory Planning Department
- Review of the Knox Planning Scheme
- Implementation of the Knox Housing Policy and reformed residential zones
- Review of neighbourhood character policy in Knox
- Referral process improvement for the Country Fire Authority
- Review of the Latrobe Planning scheme
- Review of housing opportunities in commercial areas for Knox City Council
- The development and implementation of Significant Landscape Overlays for rural areas in the Shire of Nillumbik
- Road-testing the State Government’s draft VicSmart provisions with a pilot group of councils
Glossop has well developed relationships with a range of infrastructure providers in both the public and private sector.
Our knowledge of the Victorian planning system together with our reputation for integrity has seen us involved in a range of infrastructure projects.
Residential subdivision is a complex matter that requires a multi-disciplinary approach to achieve a successful planning outcome. Glossop works with surveyors, traffic engineers, arborists, urban designers and landscape architects to deliver high quality urban environments.
We have longstanding relationships with Victoria’s water industry and are proud to support initiatives of the State’s water corporations.
We have assisted water authorities in a range of statutory and strategic projects, including the development and implementation of planning controls to protect odour buffers around wastewater treatment plants and the disposal of surplus assets.
We also regularly represent the State’s rural water authorities at the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal for use and development within potable water catchments and provide advocacy and expert evidence before Planning Panels Victoria.
RECENT PROJECTS INCLUDE:
- Expert evidence before Planning Panels Victoria for the disposal of the former Mount Eliza Reservoir for South East Water.
- VCAT representation for dwellings within catchments in Trentham for Coliban Water.
- Review of domestic wastewater management plans for water authorities.
- Facilitating the acquisition of land at Mount Cottrell for water storage tanks for Western Water.